From: Ward William E PHDN [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 1999 11:52 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: recipient.list.not.shown; @nswcphdn.navy.mil
Subject: RE: Two NICs? [Update]

Ok, first I want to thank everyone for the help they've given me... I've
learned a few things, been retaught a few things, and picked up at least two
snazzy new tricks to help diagnose problems.

To update:  After much gnashing of teeth, I have diagnosed that there were
at least three errors... unfortunately.  The first, which was the original,
all by itself, killer, was that somehow, the act of tightening the second
nic down into the case caused it to unseat.... So, I could "prove" that the
card was seated properly, button up the case, and it wasn't seated properly.
I have fixed this.

The second was a problem with the IRQs, as was mentioned.  The first Nic was
IRQ3, the second wanted to be 3 as well... this shouldn't be a problem, but
some of the config/test tools said it was... I've moved the second nic to
IRQ9.

The last is the most perplexing, and is still unsolved, but I'm hoping I can
fix it from here... now NEITHER nic will initialize during bootup, with both
giving a "delaying initialization" message....  I'm going to go back and
revisit some of the early suggestions to see if I can fix this.
Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it since Thursday, and
with Y2K being next week, I'm going to be swamped for week or so... I'll let
folks know when I solve the problem once and for all, and let everyone know
the solution.

Thanks again!

Bill Ward