Greetings.  There was discussion recently on this list about getting HP web
JetAdmin for linux.  I followed the URL that was posted, and I downloaded
and installed the software.  It seems to work, at least in the sense that
if I point a browser to port 8000 on the Redhat 6.1 system on which I
installed the software, I get a web page displayed with many useful-looking
buttons.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use the software to set up
a print queue.

I can use the software to find HP printers on our network, and if I select
one of those printers and click on "Install Printer", I get a
promising-looking page with the hardware address of the printer already
filled in.  The other item on that page, which I'm required to specify, is
the "Print Server you want the device to accept print jobs from".  I assume
that this is the linux box on which I want the print queue to be set up, so
I fill in the box with "linuxbox.ucdavis.edu" and click the "Continue" button.

That takes me to a page where I'm asked to specify:

        1. a root user name
        2. a user password
        3. a new HP Print Server Manager Password

I assume that the root user name refers to the linuxbox on which I want the
queue set up, so I type in the password for the root account on
linuxbox.ucdavis.edu.  (I assume that the HP software can pass this
information securely over the net????  I changed the password temporarily
in any case.)  I assume that the "Print Server Manager Password" can be
anything I want, so I just type in some string, such as:

        JoeBob

After I hit the "Continue" button, there is a noticeable delay, after which
I get the message:

"One of the passwords that you entered was invalid. Please provide a valid
password information or select a different action from the task bar."

This happens repeatedly, even if I cut and paste the password.  I.e., I
don't think it's a typing error.  I'm evidently missing something basic
here.  Can somebody help?

Thanks.

                                        - Mike