Sure, same as HPUX ...it you have physical access to the machine you can get in by
booting single user...security begins with physical security.
You can lock that down I think through lilo but I'd almost never want to.
Only a machine in a public place or perhaps a desktop machine.
Never a server.

IMHO.

>>> Jeff Graves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/14/00 07:21am >>>
>Are you joking me? You can honestly get root access that easy?

>'linux 1' at the LILO prompt gets in as root w/o password.

>Hal B
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you

Are you joking me? You can honestly get root access that easy?