Hi,

This is a problem that's driving me crazy.  I have a network of three
Linux machines.  When I was running Red Hat 5.2, I could print over this
network.  Since upgrading to 6.0, I cannot print over the network.  I
just upgraded to 6.1, and the problem persists.  The three machines are
ripley, weaver, and jonesy.  ripley has the printer.  I can print fine
on ripley.  I configured the printer on all three machines using
printtool.  Here's ripley's /etc/printcap:

#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are
doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict
format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL uniprint NAxNA letter {} U_EpsonStylusColor
stc800pl 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

Here's weaver's /etc/printcap:

# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are
doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict
format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## REMOTE uniprint NAxNA letter {} U_EpsonStylusColor
stc800pl 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=ripley:\
        :rp=lp:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:
[kim@weaver kim]$

When I submit a print job from weaver, nothing prints.  lpq on weaver
shows:

weaver.emeraldbiostructures.com: waiting for queue to be enabled on
ripley
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    root       16    ...                                  625 bytes

ripley.emeraldbiostructures.com: lpd: lp: Your host does not have line
printer access

What is going on?  I've upgraded to lpr-0.48.  All other network
connections between the machines, ping, telnet, ftp, nfs, are fine.
Thanks,

Hidong