On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 05:19:26AM -0500, Arni Raghu wrote:
> When I am not dialed out netscape does not start immediately...it
> takes hell of a long time to start...But the  same when I am dialed
> out it starts up in a second...
>
> Why this wierd behavior with netscape..??

Try this from the README in /usr/doc:

"Asynchronous DNS host lookup

 Netscape Communicator 4.5 has the ability to do asynchronous DNS host
 lookups.  This feature is on by default and nothing needs to be done to
 configure it.  If you experience DNS lookup problems, you can turn this
 feature off by setting the environment variable MOZILLA_NO_ASYNC_DNS to True:

      csh, tcsh:
        setenv MOZILLA_NO_ASYNC_DNS True

      sh, bash, ksh:
        MOZILLA_NO_ASYNC_DNS=True