already had updated it...no luck.  i'll keep trying to use the update
agent (though i'm sure i'm more up2date on some packages than the errata
offers - GNOME for example) and see what hapens.

thanks all!

yous said:

Jack & Hidong,
        Have you upgraded to the latest uptodate rpm mentioned in the Errata on
the Redhat Website?  That solved all of my problems.

....Tim