* Steve ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I know this is probably easy and I'having a brain fart but I had 2 cdroms in my
> linux box
>
> /dev/cdrom
> /dev/cdrom2
>
> I removed the cd that was linked to /dev/cdrom and want change the other cdrom
> drive from /devcdrom2 to /dev/cdrom
>
> How do I do this??

Depends what they are linked to. Both are soft-links, pointing at real
devices.

Following is example output. Modify depending on the ls output you
get.

$ ls -l /dev/cdrom*
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Mar  7  1999 /dev/cdrom -> hdb
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Mar  7  1999 /dev/cdrom2 -> hdc

$ rm /dev/cdrom
$ rm /dev/cdrom2
$ ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |