On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 11:41:46AM -0500, jack wallen jr wrote:
> I have installed an additional hard drive on my linux machine How do I
> change the swap partion from drive a to drive b?

Make a partition on the second drive using fdisk, and tag it as a linux
swap partition (82, I think).

Put the linux swap header on it:  mkswap /dev/hdc1
Edit /etc/fstab and change the swap line to use this new partition.

The change will take effect the next time you reboot.  To make it take
effect immediately:

swapoff -a
swapon -a

Now you can do whatever you like with the old swap partition.

--
Steve Borho                       Voice:  314-615-6349
Network Engineer

Fortune of the day:
You are standing on my toes.