If you want Perl to generate a file that can be turned into Postscript,
don't overlook that old stand-by groff.  I've used a perl script to
generate groff source for 1000+ page reports.

One of groff's nice features is that you can use the -o option to
print only a subset of the pages--very useful if you have to re-run
a report because the printer jammed on page 999.

At 12:15 PM 1/24/00 -0600, Fred W. Noltie Jr. wrote:
>1) HTML: I'll have to look at this html2ps app. I've never heard of it.
This
>is a possibility and deserves some investigation. The HTML could be
>generated by Perl (possibly Python? dunno). This was suggested by private
>email and Thomas Ribbrock.
>
>2) Perl (perhaps apart from CGI.pm?), as suggested by Charles Galpin. I do
>know a smattering of Perl and it definitely does not intimidate me. It's
>good at this sort of thing, but I'm interested in better output than
>straight text. Perhaps there's a text-to-postscript module for Perl? I'd
>have to look. Barring that, I'd have to consider the HTML route more. Or
>would running non-HTML Perl output through nenscript do it?

------
David Lupo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>