Hi folks,

ok, I need some backup here... Our group is looking into replacing the
machines which are running our measurement setups. Most of our network
is running on Sun Solaris, but well supported Data I/O cards for Suns
are few and far between (even if it's PCI, there's usually no driver...
:-( ). Hence, many people are now pushing to move to PCs. As you can
imagine, there are two general options: Going with Windows PCs or with
Linux PCs - guess which one I'd prefer... ;-)

The problem is getting a Data I/O card with driver. Specs are: At least
16 digital I/O lines, preferably more, and as fast as possible (we're
looking at 5-10MSamples/s).
It would be extremely nice if we could get the Linux option running, as
that would tie in nicely with the rest of the network (the desktop
machines will stay Solaris for the foreseeable future), as well as
having the same user interface/GUI.

If anybody out there has some information in that regard, I'd really
appreciate some pointers (even some pointers to other mailinglists,
forums, etc.pp. where this question might be better placed)!
The decision will probably be taken over the next few weeks... :-}

Thanks a bunch,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919