I just added a 13.6 gig drive to my system. Due to dwindling space on my
10 gig hard drive, I am wanting to move my  /tmp directory(on the /
partition)
to my new drive (/mnt/drive2). is it possible to move the /tmp to
/mnt/drive2/tmp, and then sym link back to /tmp?
Is this what I need to do? What bad might happen of I do this? Any other
suggestions would be appreciated.
My current partition table includes (rough estimates):

/      200 meg
/usr      4.5 gig
/usr/local/      1.5 gig
/opt      1.5 gig
swap      256 meg
/home      1.5 gig
/mnt/drive2      13.6 gig

Thanks in advance

Check out my  lotta linux links web page at
http://dsyates.home.mindspring.com
---
 David S. Yates' Lotta Linux Links
http://dsyates.home.mindspring.com