On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Navinchandra wrote:

> I am having 3 patitions on my hard disk. One is FAT, One is NTFS, and of
> corse Linux. I can read FAT patition with command *mount -t msdos /dev/hdc1
> /root/nt/c* but cannot read NTFS. WHY?
>
> The command *mount -t NTFS /dev/hdc2 /root/nt/ntf* returns
> mount: fs type NTFS not supported by kernel

Our default kernel does not support NTFS because NTFS support is far less
than stable.
You'll need to recompile your kernel.

rpm  -i /mnt/cdrom/redhat/RPMS/kernel-source* /mnt/cdrom/redhat/RPMS/kernel-headers*
cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig dep clean bzImage modules modules_install

Don'T forget editing your lilo.conf and rerunning lilo after installing
your kernel.

LLaP
bero

--
The first time Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is when they
start making vacuum cleaners.