On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 08:36:37PM +1100, tom minchin wrote:
: On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 04:36:53AM -0500, Edward Schernau wrote:
: > Looking to set up a server, and not sure how to set
: > up my POP3 daemon to work with PAM.  Is it a case of
: > getting a newer POP3D, or can I just make a pop3 file
: > in /etc/pam.d ?   The one I'm using is an ancient BSD-port,
: > but works like a champ.
: >
:
: There's a qpopper (with PAM support) RPM in the contrib area
: which works just fine.

qpopper, also known as "rootshell in a box", is chock full of exploitable
buffer overflows, in some cases, remotely exploitable.

There's a howto out there somewhere to port apps to PAM, but IIRC, it's
mostly changing the password checking routine functions (the args stay the
same), #include'ing a header and linking against -lpam.

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.