I have a question concerning Linux and USR 56k V90 modems.  Now I have heard a lot of people say.  When it comes to that modem trash it, it's a PnP modem and you're screwed.  There's no way in hell it will work in Linux.

  On the juxta-position of that I have seen multiple posts in various NG and other places in which people say I have done that and it has been done, can be done.

  Several computer shops locally that I have talked to say, umm yeah we do it every day, but that's a shop secret.  Pay us $65.00 and we can do it.  I am like ummm Bull S*** I don't think so.  I am sure someone can help me concerning this issue.

  Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Amber N. Ferguson