Ok, I have a curious problem here, and was hoping to bounce
this off a few gurus.

I'm having a problem with NFS installs of 6.1.  I made a copy
of the bootnet disk, and was able to successfully install 6.1
via NFS on one machine, and upgrade an existing 5.2 installation
on another without a problem a bit over a week ago, no sweat.
Worked like a charm.  Now, I need to do some more installs (I'm
setting up a number of Linux boxes... some are nodes on a Beowulf
(the install last week was one such node) and others are full
workstations) and am running up against a brick wall.  I have
the Redhat 6.1 iso mounted under /user/REDHAT and am exporting
that fine from a machine with an id of 10.0.0.1 on a subnet with
a subnetmask of 255.255.255.0.  I have used linuxconf to setup
nfs exports to a number of machine addresses, in this case the
relevant one being node7.Woodstock (it's inside the BEOWULF...
I figured for the workstations, I can change the hostname and
IP address later, when I move the machine to where it goes), which
expands via /etc/hosts to 10.0.0.107.  Note, I did this last week
with node6, which (you guessed it) is 10.0.0.106.  Well, the
boot up starts fine, although I've noticed that while my switch
shows a full duplex 100BT connection, as does the NIC, I don't
see a probe for the NIC in the startup.  However, when I get
to the point of installing the second stage boot loader, I get
an RPC error, with the clue that my new machine cannot send.
I'm using 3COM 3C905TX and Intel EEPro controllers, and have
switched back and forth to see if that's the problem.  Every
machine that I installed or upgraded last week was using the
3c905, BTW.  I'm curious what has gone wrong.  I have now used
four different 100BT cards, and have seen the same thing, on
two different machines.  Could the boot disk have become
corrupted somehow (which would account for why I'm not seeing
a probe) during one of the two installs?  Or has anyone else
seen any serious problems with installs over NFS?  Like I
said, I was able to do a fresh install and an upgrade just
last week, so I know it CAN be done with the software set I
have.  Anyone have any clues?

Bill Ward