Hi, Eddie,

I've had this problem before.  You need to add a step in your sequence
below.

Eddie Strohmier wrote:

> I am rebuilding my kernel on a RH 6.0 2.2.5-15 system. I have 3 devices that
> needed adding after doing the folloing:
>
> backing up my old kernel
> make mkproper
> make config >> here I set all my options the way they should be set<<<
> make bzImage
> make dep
> make clean
> make modules
> make modules_install
depmod -a version-number

Substitute version-number with the directory where your modules are
installed.  In your case, this directory should be
/lib/modules/2.2.5-15, so you would do 'depmod -a 2.2.5-15' after 'make
modules_install'.  When you do the depmod command, you might get some
unresolved dependencies messages.  I'm not sure what these messages
mean.  But I was at least able to boot the new kernel after running
depmod.  Good luck,

Hidong