I had a question earlier about kernel configuration and made an error in the
order of my steps so I wanted to clarify this incase someone tried to use
this order or a kernel build. Earlier I said I had to do this:

backing up my old kernel
make mkproper
make config >> here I set all my options the way they should be set<<<
make bzImage
make dep
make clean
make modules
make modules_install

Well actually the order is

backing up my old kernel
make mkproper
make config
make dep
make clean
make bzImage  >>>>Instead of zImage due to size<<<<
make modules
make modules_install

Then I had to run depmod to install my module dependencies because they
apparently were not being installed by the rc.sysinit file. But just  wanted
to clarify my steps.

Eddie Strohmier