In my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file I put the following:
/sbin/insmod parport

/sbin/insmod ppa

and it works fine for my zip 100 (not plus) running redhat 6.0. I found this somewhere on the web.
Check the Zip Drive mini-HOWTO.
Good luck,
Juan

I am running RH6.1 and am trying to get my Parallel Port Zip Drive (Iomega)
to work.  I was able to get it to work in S.u.S.E 6.3 by putting the lines :
insmod parport, insmod lp, insmod imm in my rc.local file.  I have tried
this in RH6.1 but it doesn't seem to work I have also tried insmod parport ,
insmod lp , insmod ppa.  I have changed the orded a number of ways but to no
avail.  I have tried using the control panel to load the module but it imm
is not listed as an option.  Whenever I try insmod parport, insmod lp,
insmod imm I get error message that the device is busy.  When I do a lsmod
it shows my scsi host adapter, parport_probe , parport , and lp.

Thanks for any help