Hi guys,

    Minor problem.  Following the instructions found in "Red Hat Linux 6
Unleashed," I tried to change my login manager to gdm.  I created a
file, "desktop" under /etc/sysconfig  with only the word, "GNOME" in
it.  This was under root.  When I was in my user account, and typed
root, I couldn't save under sysconfig or anything.  Perhaps that was my
error.  When I rebooted, hoping to see gdm instead of xdm, it stopped a
bit after mounting the root filesystem.  "Press Control-D for normal
startup or root password for maintenance."  Once I pressed Control D and
it did a controlled restart, or I got into root but I don't know the
shell command for delete.  (to try and delete the desktop file)  Can
someone tell me how to get out of this using the commandline stuff and
then to have gdm start? ( I know not everyone likes it, but I'd like to
have to ability to try out all the different window managers - kde,
gnome, afterlevel, at will)  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Brandon Dorman