Carl,

I would check out either Nextel National Business Plan or AT&T Digital
One Rate or Airtouch National Plan.

I have a Nextel and love it.  My daughters have tiny voice dialable
Samsung digital phones through Airtouch/Vodafone and I know others that
have AT&T.  The real key isn't so much the company, although I find that
Airtouch does have some billing issues, but the digital coverage.  Nextel
is 100% digital and the phone is strictly a digital phone.  The Airtouch
and AT&T phones are dual-network meaning that they will switch to analog
and substantially higher costs when they don't find a digital signal.

The plans that I mention can fix your telephone operating costs by
eliminating long distance and roaming charges.  I now use my Nextel
instead of long distance on land lines and only use land lines to access
the net and to make local calls.

As for phones, check out the Motorola i1000plus from Nextel.

Randy Zeitvogel