On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Vidiot wrote:
>
> > For quite a while now "top" has refused to run.  It starts, clears the
> > screen and quits.  No error messages, no nothing.
>
> Works for me... What exactly are you running?
>
> LLaP
> bero
>

> --
> as the Subject.

I believe I said this in previous thread, and am starting to run the risk
of being considered "the errors.out guy".  Heheheee.  Not a good thing,
considering I'm new to the list.

In any case, try running the command like this:
top 2>errors.out

Then, stop the process by doing a Ctrl+C for instance, and take a look at
the contents of the errors.out file which should then contain a printout
of the errors the system ran into.  I use this trick pretty much every
time I run into a problem, and so far it has proven to be extremely
helpful.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm here to help when I can
and learn from the gurus.  ;-)

---------
Nitebirdz
---------
It's not too late to turn back from the "Gates" of Hell...
Linux: the free 32-bit operating system, available NOW.
Why waaaaaait for NT? (Brandon S. Allbery)