At 16:11 00/02/26 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>         I am almost tearing my hair out of frustration.  If anyone can
>shed any light on my situation I would be MUCH appreciative.
>
>Machine:        Dual PII/400, 512MB ECC, MicroStar MS-6120N
>                 AMI MegaRAID 428, 5 SCSI Wide 4GB HDD on 2 channels
>                 Adaptec AHA3985 3-channel w/ CD-ROM, CD-R, scanner, MO, HDD.
>                 DE-220 (NE2k clone) ISA 10Mb/s NIC, 3C905 PCI 10/100 Mb/s NIC
>                 Matrox Millennium 8MB, Logitech Marble Plus trackball PS/2
>
>Problem:
>         [1] I was unable to make Linux see more than one Logical Drive.  When
>             booting up, there is a message making it clear that the driver
>             sees two Logical Drives, but only find one of them as /dev/sda.

You didn't specify how many logical partitions are in your raid array.
And also what are in these logical partitions.

>         [2] I can't install using standard Red Hat 6.1 Graphical Install.
>             The install process conks out with a Python error.  Text-based
>             install will conclude normally, but when installing will only
>             see TWO DRIVES.

support for GUI is very limited in the installer and i doubt your matrox is
supported in there yet, the best bet would still be a text install.

>         [3] When installing, the kernel sees megaraid first; when rebooting
>             after install, the kernel sees aic7xxx first, result is a kernel
>             panic.  This is solvable by disconnecting the aic7xxx first, do
>             the install from the megaraid (at least disconnect all HDD-like
>             devices), recompile kernel with megaraid compiled in and aic7xxx
>             as module, then plugging in the HDD's on the aic7xxx.  But there
>             surely is a better way!

boot from a boot disk and edit the modules file in /boot, make sure the booting
SCSI card is read first.

>         [4] Back to 1; I still need to use the other logical drive.
>
>         HELP!!  THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE ...

My two best answers would be RTFM (provided you bought your originals and not
d/l from the web or worst still a bootleg.) or attend the RHCE.

The manual has alot of info and the trainer might even teach you how to do
the GUI
install with your matrox (of course on top of many other things which
you'll learn).

regards,
sixx