Hi !

        This is not really a problem to me right now, but it pops up once in a
while. I read that someone is searching for a libc lib that has this "so"
in its filename. Several times I was looking for a libsdtc++.so.2.9 and i
had no luck back then to find it anywhere, only after i upgraded to RH 6.1
it was finally there and programs compiled without any trouble who needed
this lib. What i found instead was a libstdc++.2.9, a version without that
magic "so". So what is the difference between the so and the non-so version
? Are they the same and just named differently ? (Which would be pretty
dumb imho) Is there a quick fix which non-so-version does the same like a
so-version ?

        May someone enlighten me ?

                        TIA

                                Dave