Hello:

I am running a RH 6.0 server setup using kernel 2.2.5-15. We run dialup
connections for the net and also run a mail server via sendmail. I am used
to always telneting into my server with no problem. But I have found
yesterday and today that I can telnet to the server but I am getting a
messages saying this:
Telnetd: All network ports in use

I have never ran into this problem before. Does anyone have any experience
with this. I see no one else telneted into the server at this time. Where
can I look or how can I restart telnetd to see if that is the problem. I
don't see it in the startup scripts as you would with other daemons. So I
assume it is invoked when someone attempts to telnet. In /var/log/secure I
can see my attempt to telnet recorded as in.telnetd [process number]:
connect from <my ip address>. Any ideas here?

Thanks in Advance,

Eddie Strohmier
Bonwell Globalnet
www.bonwell.com