"Mathco Tech. Dep" wrote:

> hi
>
> I recently got a HP DeskJet 812C
> and i got it working under the OTHER
> operating system and even do a copy to LPT1
> under dos, anyway.. When i add it under the
> printtool program it says it can't identify
> anything on neither /dev/lp0 -> /dev/lp2
> i tried to add it anyway to either of the
> devices and i tried diffrent printerdrivers,
> and what it does when i try to do a testpage
> is nothing, it gets sent to a printQ and stays
> there and the STATUS file says that its waiting
> for LP to become ready (offline). My printerport
> is set to the standard LPt1 settings in the bios,
> is there anything else i should consider trying
> or has anyone encountered this before?
>
> I run Redhat 6.1, and i have lpd and ghostscript
> from the distribution installed.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> | Mathias Björkman                        |
> | Head technician                         |
> | Mathco Computer                         |
> | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 |
> | e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |
> as the Subject.

Mathias,

Go to this URL:

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=1322

You need this print filter to print to this type of HP printer. I hate
to break this to you, but... you have a Win Printer (Noooooooo...). I
have a HP Deskjet 712C and after the initial shock and subsequent denial
I found this driver. And the great thing is it works very well.

Steve