Hi!  Its an Adaptec AAC-364 (a.k.a. Dell PERC2 4-channel).  The driver is
for use with Kernel version 2.2.13-0.13, but the CD I have is a lower
version (2.2.12) and the driver doesn't load.  I follow the instructions
provided by Dell (see below) and the device is not seen.  There is another
note in a readme supplied that states the driver is extremely unlikely to
load with any other kernel, so I assume that I need an installation diskette
with the appropriate kernel, plus a modified cd...

The container has been created and the firmware updated.

Please help!

Regards,

One very frustrated Andrew

--------------- Instructions from Dell ------------------
This driver only works with PERC2 and ROMB firmware v2.1 and above.
  This firmware may be found on Dell's support site at
  http://support.dell.com/filelib.

  First, use the BIOS Configuration program (Control-A during system
  startup) to create a container. This container must exist prior to OS
  installation.

  Next, use the bootable Red Hat Linux 6.1 CD-ROM to boot the system.
  At the boot: prompt, type: expert.

  In expert install, you must specify which device drivers are loaded.
  You will first be prompted to insert your driver diskette (made from
  percraid.img). Next, when prompted for the installation media (CD-ROM
  or hard disk), choose CD-ROM. Choose SCSI device, then choose the
  Dell PERCRaid driver at the bottom of the SCSI device list. (Yes,
  your CD-ROM is not actually attached to a PERC2 or ROMB controller,
  but this ensures that the percraid driver is the first SCSI driver
  loaded). You will then be prompted again for the CD-ROM driver. This
  time, choose SCSI, Adaptec AHA-29xx driver (the actual location of the
  CD-ROM).

  Installation should continue as normal from this point forward, and
  upon reboot, the PERC2 or ROMB controller will be the boot device for
  the OS.