I believe you have a "winprinter" which is unusable without Windows-only
drivers.  There is a project which allows you to make use of at least some
features of the printer here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=1322

At 03:28 AM 2/29/00 , Mohammed Ennasar wrote:
>I have RedHat 6.0 installed in my PC, i use the 'printool' to get up my
>printer HP DeskJet 710C, it's detected in /dev/lp0, after all are
>configured i do the 'lpd restart', then the test give me this message
>'test is printed to /dev/lp0' but nothing in my printer, i try lp and lpr
>commands but also nothing.

---
Alan D. Mead  /  Research Scientist  /  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Institute for Personality and Ability Testing
1801 Woodfield Dr  /  Savoy IL 61874 USA
217-352-4739 (v)  /  217-352-9674 (f)