----- Original Message -----
From: Gordon Messmer <
> Carl Karsten wrote:
> >
> > How do I undo these settings?  I don't think they are helping.
> > #icq redirects
> > ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 4000 4001 -h 192.168.1.24
> > ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 2000 2020 -h 192.168.1.24
>
> Change the -A to -D, otherwise the line should be exactly the same.

Thanks, that was easy.

> > I am running icq on win98, which gets to the net via linux masq and a
cable
> > modem (always up). From my point, it works fine. other icq users see me
as
> > going on and off line every min or 2, which makes sending me a message a
bit
> > of a pain for them.
>
> I've seen that only in the last couple of days.  I'm blaming it on
> mirabilis, unless it continues (and it seems to have stopped here).

for me this has been going on from the start, which goes back to 12/1/99

> > I have tried ip_masq_icq and that didn't seam to do anything.  but Im
not
> > sure if I needed to set some parames when I loaded it.
>
> ip_masq_icq will allow you to receive file transfers and chat requests
> behind a masq firewall.  Otherwise, you won't be able to.  You'll get
> the request, but won't be able to actually complete either one.

just the opisit for me:  I have gotten files when I didn't have ip_masq_icq
loaded, but never when I did.  when I didn't, it was a crap shot as to
wether I would get them or not.  but with it i never got them.  in both
cases I get the opening "incomming file" dialog, I click "save", and it
sometimes it times out.

What do I use for firewall settings on icq?

Are there any docs for ip_masq_icq other than the read me?

Carl