anyone tried this new release?
How 's it different from the previous one  ?
Personally, I tried micq and licq
micq is great for text-based terminals (and it doesnt need anything extra)
licq needs qt (i dunno whats the version needed now , last I checked
qt-1.42 ? was the one)
anyway, qt's easily available under rpm now (previously it was not)
check this out :
http://www.portup.com/~gyandl/icq/

Well, Adam Goucher wrote this...