On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 10:23:28PM -0800, M. Erickson wrote:
> where can I get more info on this rootkit and how to defend against it?
> some fsck is taking down a couple of my friends' boxes.
> /me

        ADMROCKS is an attack against name daemons which are not up
to date.  Like lots of other security holes, the defense is to stay
up to date on the RPM.  There are update RPMS from RedHat for bind
which eliminate this problem.

        If they are vulnerable to ADMROCKS then chances are they are
vulnerable to a variety of other holes.  Time to camp out on the RedHat
errata pages and get everything up to date.

> Mike Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.fix.net/~merickson/
> "The world is my country and my religion is to do good."-T Paine

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/