* Martin R. Gonzalez ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi, everybody. First of all I apologize for my ignorance, but I have
> recently read in the enlightment site that it supports "True type fonts
> anti-aliasing" and therefore I would like to know whether that means that by
> using enlightment with gnome , I would get anti-aliasing as simply as using
> it. Note that I have been told that there is no anti-aliasing support for
> linux yet and that the implementaation depended upon the x server.
>
> Well, any "enlightening" information would help.
>
> Thanks.

The antialised fonts only affect the window manager. Enlightenment
uses freetype - a GPL'd truetype font library - to render its text in
window captions, dialogs etc.

This font support does not extend beyond the windowmanager,
applications are responsible for rendering their own fonts, the wm has
no impact on the contents of the windows it manages.

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |