Martin Brown wrote:

> I'm in the market for a color printer to operate under RH6.1.  I can get
> an Epson Stylus 740 for $100, including rebate, but I'm somewhat curios
> about the driver provider by RH6.1.  The closet driver, that I see, would
> appear to be:
>
>               "Epson Stylus 800 & ESC/P2 Printers"
>
> The Stylus 740 _is_ a ESC/P2 printer, but this isn't an exact match.
>
> Will this driver work with this printer?
> Is it fully compatible (provide access to all printer functionality)?
>
> I want to be sure about this, because I would good color reproduction and
> resolution (1440).
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Other recommendations?
>
> Thanx.

I have this printer, and it's a great printer.  The problem is that it's
only a great printer under windoze!  Now, people tell me that it works
under Linux as well, but in my house, that just ain't so! <g>  I'm still
reading docs, and help files, and web pages people have put up, so maybe
it's just that I'm too dumb to get it, but if you get this beast running
would you PLEASE let me know how you did it?
Marie
--
Owner/Trainer of Wayward
Mom of Amanda