Quoting Jasper Jans ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> | In DOS, used FDISK to make a new logical drive in
> | the extended partition, rebooted and formatted it.
> |
> | Turns out that D: is now /dev/hda5, and thus my entire
> | Linux installation is toast.  I haven't written to D:
> | yet, is there any hope?
>
> the f-word is in here... formatted.. hence.. no luck..
> reinstall en be more carefull next time.. use linux
> fdisk to make a dos partition or use a package
> like partition magic.

These FDISK questions pop up occaisionally, and I've seen
instances of issues with both Linux and Win/Dos's FDISK progs,
so I thought I'd mention one that I found a couple of months
back that saved my bacon.  The site has a great deal of other
good info on this issue as well:

http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

HTH,
Adahma