I've been trying to upgrade a machine from 6.0 to either 6.1 or 6.2,
but I always run into a Python error after the stage2 image is loaded
and the procedure has determined which packages to load.

It ends with a screen of Python error messages with two checkboxes: OK
and Debug.  "OK" reboots the system.  Debug puts you in the Python
debugger (which doesn't help me much since I don't know Python).

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I get this problem:

- on several machines: P2/400, K6/200, P90 with various combinations
  of peripherals; all have 6.0 installed

- it doesn't matter if I "upgrade" or "install"

- it doesn't matter if I use bootnet.img and anonymous ftp, or
  boot.img and local CD

- it doesn't matter if I try Cartman (6.1) or Piglet (6.2beta)

I've upgraded from 5.0 -> 5.1 -> 5.2 -> 6.0 without problems in the
past, and I expect this upgrade to progress the same way.

Does anyone have any clues?  I'd be happy to provide more information
on any of these attempts, but there's a wide disparity of hardware
that displays the same symptoms I don't know what to provide right
now -- just ask.

Thanks for any help!

Jim