>I missed a feature that Netscape Messaging Server had.  That was
>the ability to create email distribution lists based on an LDAP URL.
>This is extremely handy for managing departmental mailing lists.  In
>smaller shops, it's not a huge deal, but I found that once my company
>was numbering in the 20's and 30's of employees, it was getting harder
>to keep everyone's address books updated.
>
>Part of our new-hire procedure involves an HR person filling out new
>a new account request form, and submitting it to the appropriate system
>managers who create accounts.  One step is adding the person to our
>LDAP directory (openldap running on RH 6.1).  I built a couple of
>nice little PHP scripts that interact with openldap to do the add,
>modify and delete requests, so this was the remaining piece of the
>puzzle.
>
>We're using postfix for our mail software, but as long as you can manage
>to shove an RFC822 formatted message into this script's STDIN, it should
>work fine.
>
>It's working great here, out of the /etc/postfix/aliases map.
>
>A typical alias looks something like:
>
>finance:       |/usr/local/bin/financelist
>
>I'd appreciate any feedback you all can offer.
>
>The script is available from:
>
>http://www.jasons.org/hacks/ldaplist.txt

Tried the above URL and got a Unable to determine IP address from
host name for www.jasons.org.  Can  you possibly post this or email
it directly?

>Prereqs:
>
>Perl 5.005 or higher
>libnet
>Net::LDAPapi
>MailTools
>
>Those last 3 are available from your friendly neighborhood CPAN site.
>
>--
>                  Jason Costomiris <><
>             Technologist, cryptogeek, human.
>jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org  |  http://www.jasons.org/
>

>--
>as the Subject.

<http://webpageweaver.com>InterNetWorkingSolutions
Your home for Business and Personal Computing Solutions

PO Box 152, Cabot, VT 05647 USA

VOICE: 888.726.9030
FAX: 888.726.9030

General Information:
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website Hosting:

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED],subject=Information%20Request>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administration Services :
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical Support & Training Services:
        <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]