On 24 Feb 2000 07:10:58 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Does anyone know of any documentation or definitive website
>regarding porting Redhat (or any other distros for that matter) to 64 Bit OS
>architechture ? I have only been able to find general information regarding
>commercial Unix ports, need specific Linux info, or more in depth info on
>the Unix ports.

Red Hat Linux is already available for the Alpha (yours truly is using such a machine
:), so there
shouldn't really be much porting beyond "recompile". Whether architecture-specific
changes are
necessary is another thing, but 64-bitness issues have generally been worked out by
now.

-- Elliot
Red Hat, a Red Hat company