We're running RH 6.1 and would like to weaken our passwords :-).

On an internal machine, we've just changed from everyone-has-root to a
select few.  One person attempted to set his password, but was stymied
by the cracklib checking in passwd.

If I try to comment out cracklib, passwd never gets past asking for the
password:
        finagle> passwd
        Changing password for romain
        (current) UNIX password:
        passwd: Authentication information cannot be recovered

How do we disable (or weaken) cracklib so that people can use silly
passwords?

Thanks,
Romain Kang             Siemens Info/Comm Products, San Jose R&D
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  formerly Pyramid Technology Corporation

Disclaimer: I represent myself alone, except where otherwise indicated.