this came up recently, and i asked if anyone knew how to set this up so
that the user who started X didn't have to do this manually every time.

Someone sugested sticking it in one of the X startup files (don't remember
where now), but it was a while till I rebooted/restarted X to find that it
did not indeed work.

Can anyone provide the answer? I get annoyed by this one :)

charles