dunno about the other problem, but as for sun partitions, I believe that
you have to compile sun fs support into the kernel. I also hear that the
general consensus is: Don't bother, it's scary.

I know FreeBSD comes up with a nice little kernel error message:
"F*cking Sun Blows me!" :)

sugarboy

<snip>

--

If a manager offers "constructive advice" and no-one is around to hear
it,

Chris Dowling.