Hi,

I deleted my 2nd partition (hda2) and created an extended partion.  In
that partion I created a 3 logical partitions (swap, root, and boot).
After I did this DD let me proceed.

It was misleading  since Redhat helps states they "RECOMMEND" and not
"REQUIRE.

Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.

jsm