It wants the username. The password you gave it is the "root" account
password, IIRC. You'll need to log in as root and create a regular user
account. It is unadvisable to do normal activities as root.

At: "localhost login:" enter "root" (without quoates)
At: "password:" enter the password you gave it earlier

I haven't added an account from the CLI in a long time, if ever. Always done
GUI or linuxconf. I *think* "adduser" is the program/script you want. Check
the documentation.

Patrick.