> <<Opinion>>

While several people including I agree that the installer should not destroy
partitions without the owner's consent, I do not agree that the installer is
stepping backward as a whole.  RedHat had shown alot of improvement since 5.1.
I'll admit I did not use much of 5.1 because I was a total "Unix dummy."  I had
no idea where is any files nor did I know how to do anything.  My former video
card was not supported and I didn't have much time to tinker.  6.0 is much
improvement and I upgraded video card and I know now much of the commands (not
all yet) that I was able to upgrade XFree86 (not as easy as Windows when first
tried).  Rather than taking step backward, RedHat has been trying to make Linux
easier to use for the newbies.  I agree with Tom when he says that the system be
started with the basics and from there we can get more deeper technically.  That
is how Windows is and if windows users decided to go for Linux as I have and
found it appealing as I have, 6.x is a major improvement (to me it is) than 5.1
in getting my system up and running for the first time.  Sending suggestions to
Redhat can help alot in making more improvements.  I personally like Windows,
however, I find that I like Linux better and migrated alot so far but still need
to know how to use Wine.  RedHat did not include Wine in their operating system,
why, I do not know but probably the legal issues with Microsoft?  For those who
don't use Windows (or some like to call it Windoze or Windump), wouldn't it be
exciting if more and more people start using Linux?  Wouldn't it mean that
competition need to be made within the hardware manufacture into making drivers
for Linux rather than being stuck and try tinkering with the hardware yourself
to get partial feature or maybe full?  I'd hope that happens.  I still cannot
get my SB32 to work properly under Linux even using sndconfig and if failed
editing the isapnp.config didn't help but works great under Windows :(.
Creative provided the software for SBLive.  That's one I know of.
    I believe rather than stepping backward, RedHat has been trying to help
newcomers who wish to use Linux get started while not forgetting the Linux gurus
altogether.

CH