I am just curious. If you back up a tar.gz file to the zipdisk and then copy it
back and restore it, is the file corrupted? I used to have this problem with the
internal zip drive. I had to force the use of the ide-scsi module for the zipdisk
in order to fix the problem. I am running redhat 6.0. This would only happen with
binary files.

Thanks,
Juan