On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 02:13:05PM -0600, Vidiot wrote:
| I'm looking into a resource problem with FrameMaker and when I ran
| "xrdb -query" to see what all of my current setting are, I get NOTHING.
| I just get a new prompt.  I know the command can work, as I used to use it
| under the X that Sun runs on their systyems.  I've just never had to use
| it under Linux before.
| Is the XFree86 version broken (RH6.1 version)?

Depends. If you merely put your resources in your .Xdefaults file then
xrdb will report nothing. xrdb reports only resources stored on the
server (which is where I store all mine). And it worked just dandy
under Linux, thanks.

Read this:
        http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/answers/x11-cut-paste.txt
It's actually about tuning cut/paste keys, but it goes into where resources
may be stored.

I would guess that the Sun default startup files load the .Xdefaults into the
server for you, and that you've been relying on that.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

So this judge in Virginia rules that a lesbian wasn't fit to raise her own
daughter because she might grow up to be a lesbian, and gives custody to the
lesbian's mother.  And I'm thinking, "She's already raised one lesbian."
        - Chris Cannon