HHmmmm....

I don't think I have a solution to your problem, but I have had the same sort of
problem as this and was also wondering what caused it.  I get "neighbour table
overflows" when I am trying to ping somthing from my laptop when it is not
physically linked to my LAN (or just improperly connected).  Normally when I
use ping and I am not connected to the network it simply tells me that the
requests timed out.  It is only on my laptop that this happens.  Personally, I
suspect that the pcmcia ethernet card has a problem with the drivers????

Perhaps your machine is having the same sort of problem???  Anyway I will be
interested to find out what the "neigher table overflow" actually means.
Hopefully someone here can tell us...

Timothy Lillicrap