Danny,
        Thanks for your help.  I am running RedHat 6.1, and yes I did a custom
install.  Therefore, I suspect you are right in that I didn't install
the compiliers.  Those are probably in the development tools which I
didn't select.  I will give er a shot, thank you!

Trevor Hellman (part burrito, part man)
www.wtp.net/~hellman
Visit one of the many useless pages on the Web!