Ok gang, now that I'm slowly grabbing a clue as to how RH6.1 does things.  I've been
adding things like the lastest Apache etc. from source.  The thing I've discovered is
that
apparently I don't get the paths set up in such a way as to mesh with RH.

So my question is this how am I supposed to know where to put things when I specify
paths?   So that they'll be correct?  Should I be moving the source to a "correct"
place?
Or do I get around this by specifying all of the paths initially and moving the
binaries to
the correct location.  Which brings me to my next question.

lastly, where can I find a good explanation of the init.d  scripts etc.?  So then I
know not
only where I need to put the binaries, but how to understand the whole process.

I realize this is kind of newbieish.  But there hopefully is at least one other person
that
would benefit from this. out there in listbot land.

Thanks,

chris
RH guru wannabe :)