On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Thomas Porter wrote:

> Where do I put commands that I want activated when my eth0 interface
> comes up under pcmcia control?  What about deactivating these commands when I take
>the interface down?

Hi Tom,

Try customizing /sbin/ifup-local and /sbin/ifdown-local.  I also have a
laptop and I have customized these scripts to "do the right thing" based
on the name of the interface being activated/deactivated.  ifup-local is
where I set up my firewall for my ppp connections, but I could also just
as easily invoke my ipchains setup script for eth0 there too.

As for portsentry, I start it at boot time, but it could easily be managed
from /sbin/ifup-local and /sbin/ifdown-local.

HTH,

Eric