Hi
I am new to this list this might be stupid but it would be nice if you
could answer .
I am a newbie to linux since when i installed linux my sound card though
get's detected but doesnt work  I guess it is not supportd by linux
Using setup command or sndconfig whenever I try to install it the system
gives me the message
unknown device
unknown device not supported   or something like that
it would be nice if any one can say me where it's driver can be found
It's a PCI Sound Card QS3000A

I had another problem though the machine ( linux )  is quite stable but
at times it hangs at gives the error messages

hda:status timeout : status =0*80 {busy}
hda : drive not ready for command
end-request = I/O error , dev 03:07(dha) sector,175465
hda:status timeout : status =0*80 {busy}
....................and it keeps on coming like that

After this I have to press the reset button  and then when booting again
I have to login as root and run fsck and stuffs like that and I have
content's in my lost+found drive  ( Just wanted to know can i delete
this thing in lost+found and free
               hard disk space or does it prove fatal )
and i don't like doing it   ;-(

I guess it's a hardware fault   PLEASE ADVICE

thanking you in advance
mohan

mail me at -->> [EMAIL PROTECTED]