Thanks everyone for your kindness and patience with
me.
I have finally gotten RH 6.2 to work and now (because
I bought a new one today) my mouse works.

All I need to do now is figure out how to log onto the
internet.  I have input data into the "Dailup
Configuration Tool" and the "RH PPP Dialer", but
Red Hat 6.2 is not seeing my (MODEM BLASTER MODEL
D15600 56k)modem. Am I not holding my nose correctly
here? DUH!!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I
might try so that I can hurry up and get on the Net?

Jimmie